Everything made out of polymer clay by me except for the cloth pieces. =) Photography by me: Loida G. Photography.
Wednesday, March 03, 2010
Making flour tortillas...
When I lived with my parents we used to eat homemade tortillas along with homemade salsa and carne asada. =) Whenever I'd come home from school my mom would have fresh tortillas waiting for us along with a molcajete full of freshly made salsa. Mmm yum! Makes me hungry just thinking about it. Now, as an adult I don't live with her anymore or anywhere near her for that matter but whenever I do visit her she always makes me some tortillas...and salsa too! I live on the other side of the ocean from her so I thought I'd make a little something that reminds me of her. Some fresh homemade tortillas! This is my second batch of tortillas that I've made. I think they look a lot more realistic than the first ones I made months ago. =) I am still working on it! And since I don't have access to a miniature shop around here I went ahead and made my own rolling pin. Some wooden ones I ordered are on their way! =) But this was good enough for now. I am giving this away to my mom. I will be putting a magnet on the bottom in case she wants to put it on her fridge. But it can also be displayed on a shelf or somewhere else. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Loida,
Living in South Texas, I too am very familiar with homemade flour tortillas. I must say, you made a fantastic job on them, they look so real. You made a follower out of me :) Can't wait to see more creations!
Thnx GOI for the letting me know of this wonderful blog!
@roxie Thanks for your nice comment =) I appreciate it!
Post a Comment