Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Easter Cake

I figured since bunnies like to eat carrots and the Easter bunny is, well, a bunny, I thought he'd like some carrot cake. Or rather a basic white/yellow cake mix with carrots on top ;-) What I make of this is perhaps the doll who gets to eat this treat is allergic to carrots and just wanted it to look nice for Easter.

I didn't think much of the cake color when I was making the cake. I sort of messed up in that area but it's ok! It was suppose to be a carrot cake but I forgot to actually make it like that. I think my main goal was to get a pretty good cake mix color with my clay and to also get a nice texture. =) I've been doing my homework and have learned how to make an awesome cake texture. Thank you to those who have inspired me! It kind of sort of seems like I'm headed somewhere with my miniatures. I'm not too sure yet. All I know is that I am having a lot of fun making all of these minis!

In this miniature is an Easter cake with white frosting and candy carrots on top. A slice has been cut out and put on a plate along with a fork. It is ready to be eaten by someone ;-) Also pictured is a cup of hot coffee. You need something to wash down the cake right? Coffee and cake. Oh yummy! Everything is made out of polymer clay by me. I even made the knife and fork (thanks Jisfruit!) Flower is store bought. =) Doily is paper. Yep! Onto the pictures. This is my newest favorite! But I love all of them =)


And for fun. I made this little vase and put together the roses. It didn't turn out that great but thought I'd blog about it anyway. I need to learn how to make my own flowers. =)

I love minis!!!

0 comments:

 

Sunshine Miniatures © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner