Thursday, April 01, 2010

Rainbow Breakfast =)

Every morning my kids want to have what we call Rainbow Cereal. When I first moved here I never saw any fun colorful cereals in the stores. Then we started going shopping one hour from here and I saw some generic fruit loops being sold, for a bit too much if you ask me, but we always buy it now. My kids love their rainbow cereal. And the best thing is that it has calcium and other vitamins in a serving. =) I was inspired by their cereal and also because of the rainbow cake I made not long ago. I just love using colors! They are so bright and cheerful. Just what I need on these still gloomy days...waiting for Spring to show up. =) So here is what I came up with.

Now let me tell you, the little bits of cereal were a pain to make and took too long but I didn't really care. Then later on I thought that maybe next time I could try using those little glass colored beads to make the cereal. I don't know how good it will look but for now I have enough cereal to last me awhile. lol This was also the first time making the fruits. I have made oranges bananas and apples before but that was when I first started with polymer clay...Almost a year ago. I like to believe I have come a long way but I still have a long way to go I think. =) I am happy with the oranges and bananas but the apples didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. I keep forgetting that certain colors get a bit darker after baking. =/ So I'll try a different method next time for the apples. Oh well. Good enough for some pictures at least! =) I also tried making a cup of orange juice. It turned out ok I guess. I always make my dishes though because I am too cheap to buy some. lol





~L

3 comments:

Christel said...

Mmmm love the colors. So sunny and bright and it brings me in a good mood:) Hope you found the miniature store last weekend?

Loida H. said...

=) yep I sure did. She overcharged me though but we worked it out. Can't wait to go back.

Kim said...

These are all so cute! I love the one on the red tray with the orange juice with a slice of orange- adorable!

 

Sunshine Miniatures © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner