Saturday, April 03, 2010

Orange Cake

I thought I'd try a new method of making a orange cane. I figured I'd make a cane without the orange skin. It turned out ok I guess. Not what I was hoping for but whatever. It looks cute. =) I was already making mini oranges and other fruits and I wanted to try something new I guess. I had enough scrap clay left over from the ends that I thought I'd go ahead and make a cake out of it. =) And I just learned a new way of making frosting. Yay for learning new things! I have only been working with polymer clay for 1 year and I know I have lots to learn still. I am excited to learn new things! Spring is right around the corner for us and my polymer clay making will slow down a lot. Especially since my mom and dad are coming to Norway on vacation =) My brother too! We plan on going to London, Paris and Copenhagen. I can't wait! I love London and I've never been to Paris. Between May-September I won't be making hardly anything with clay. It gets too warm in my house to turn the oven on unfortunately. =) And houses here don't really come with air conditioning because it's not really needed actually. The cold lasts way too long. In Colorado though, that's a different story =) We can't live without A/C in our house! Anyway, here is my mini Orange Cake. I just got done working on something that has a lot of meaning to me. I can't wait to photograph it tomorrow! But now, gotta clean up a bit around the house to get ready for a little Easter Egg hunt for my kids tomorrow! Should be fun. =)



~L

5 comments:

Christel said...

Perfect Easter cake:) I am glad you found the mini store too.
Are you going to be in Paris for the Simp fair maybe? Sounds like your summer will be good;)

Loida H. said...

When is the simp fair? We will be going in the last two weeks of June to Paris. We will be so busy looking at all the lovely things! I can't wait to go shopping there =D for little things.

Ascension said...

Es una preciosidad!!!!
La naranja esta tan real, que parece que huele hasta aqui.
besitos ascension

Christel said...

Lodia:) It is 20 of June:))You have to come!!!
Here is the link:
http://www.simp-paris.com/

Loida H. said...

hmm I will have to see about that! =) We aren't too sure when we are going yet. Thanks for the link!

 

Sunshine Miniatures © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner