Friday, September 17, 2010

Dollhouses!


I have been wanting to blog something miniature related for awhile now. And since I am not making miniatures at the moment I had to come up with something! But I couldn't think of anything. Until a couple weeks ago. You see, every Sunday me and my little family here try to go out and do something fun. And lately it has been museums. I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. But we have been having fun doing things every weekend and I always look forward to the photo opportunities. Since this is the last year I'll be living here I figured I'd enjoy it and play tourist a bit. Well at least that's what my husband calls it. According to him only tourists go to the local museums. So, I ask myself, besides visiting family on the weekends which I take it not many people do that here, what is there to do for fun? Especially on rainy days? I'm still not so sure. I've never lived in a big city before! :) I'm a small town girl where all there is to do is tend to your garden, clean house, go shopping, find creative ways to entertain yourself either with a rented movie and some popcorn, or go to the movie theater and watch a movie you've already seen once or even twice, or go shopping...did I mention go shopping? And of course there's visiting friends and going to the local bars which are usually not that great but a nice time out regardless. And the only museum in town is one semi large room full of the history of the town...or something. Nice but not fun for the kiddos.
A couple Sundays ago it was actually a nice sunny day! Those are rare around here. I keep telling myself that this town, this country, would be perfect for Edward to live in. He'd really enjoy the cloudy days! :) Anyway, on this sunny day we decided to go to the Norwegian Museum of Cultural History. Now, let me tell you, my kids had a great time! They passed out in the car on the way home and that's usually a sign that they had fun. They must have gotten worn out from all the running, and of course all the playing at the cute little playground they have there. :)
Toward the end of our little outing we went into the room where they have a lot of old toys on display. Wow! I love old toys. I wish they still made toys like those. Everything is plastic and bright colored these days. But these toys were just amazing! Then, I found the dollhouses. It didn't really occur to me that there would be dollhouses there. So, being into miniatures and dollhouses now, I was excited! I took lots of pictures but a lot of them didn't turn out the way I was hoping. But these ones were the best ones. I love it! I honestly can't wait to make my own dollhouse. I think I'll probably end up making two though. One just for me...and one for my daughter. I hope she'll love it as much as me! I never had a dollhouse growing up and I always wanted one. I sometimes wonder if that's the reason why I love them so much now....at my age. I'm almost 30 and still playing with toys! :)  These dollhouses were just really fun to look at. Thought I'd blog about it before I forget. I finally had time to catch up on things these past couple of days.

And speaking of miniatures and dollhouses... I hope to blog about my most recent *warm up* creations once I am done with them. I am so rusty! Need practice! I'm sure I'll get back to my old creative self in no time. :)

~L

0 comments:

 

Sunshine Miniatures © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner